Swimming Pool Demolition in Oakland
We’re getting calls for pool demolition in Oakland more than ever before. We’ve heard from homeowners who feel that their pool just isn’t worth the costs anymore, particularly if they spend more time cleaning it than actually using it. Plus, pools have become a liability, as a homeowner can now be held liable if someone breaks into their pool or if a neighborhood child has a near-drowning event in the pool. Ultimately, many people are choosing to demolish their pool and stop worrying about it altogether.
What is Your Pool Costing You?
There are many direct and indirect costs associated with your pool:
- Electricity costs from running the pump and filter
- High water bill from filling the pool
- Costs of buying the dozen pool chemical types you need
- Costs of equipment like pumps, filters, and covers
- Repairs to that equipment when it breaks down
- Increased insurance costs from the risk pools bring
Your pool also costs you time, as you shop for chemicals, clean it, and call in professionals to fix or maintain it. In our busy modern world, our time is precious. What could you be doing with your time instead of caring for your pool?
Plus, your pool is also costing the environment. Pools use a lot of water, which is especially valuable during a drought. Pools also allow chemicals to evaporate into the air, unless you buy an expensive cover to stop this process. Even saltwater pools allow chlorine to evaporate—the salt is turned into small amounts of chlorine by the filter. Further, the water from all of the pools in a neighborhood actually contribute to coastline erosion—an issue that’s important to people in Oakland.
Few people realize that pools have significant environmental impacts. Share the news with your friends and neighbors, and they may understand your choice to remove your pool a little better.
Why You Shouldn’t Choose a General Contractor for Pool Demolition
If you’ve decided to demolish your pool, why not call up a general contractor? Unfortunately, many general contractors aren’t aware of how to remove a pool safely and legally. A lot of errors can be made in pool removal:
- If you don’t have a pool demolition permit, you may have trouble selling your home
- Uncapped sewage, electrical and gas lines can be safety hazards
- Pool parts must be disposed of properly to prevent them from impacting the environment
- The hole must be filled with the right mix of gravel, clean fill dirt and topsoil, or water can’t drain from it (creating a mud pool that’s a serious safety hazard)
- The filled ground must be tamped and graded so it is safe to walk and build on
- A licensed soil engineer must sign off on a compaction report
The whole point of removing your pool is to save you money and stress, so call up a dedicated pool demolition contractor to make sure it’s done right. Once we’ve removed your pool, you’ll never have to worry about it again. That’s why Bay Area Pool Removal is the top choice for pool demolition in Oakland.
Swimming Pool Abandonment in Oakland
The city of Oakland refers to partial pool-fill ins as “swimming pool abandonment.” This method of pool removal can cost significantly less than a full demolition, but you won’t be able to build on top of your former swimming pool. This option makes sense if you just want to replace the area with a lawn or garden, but it can limit your options when it comes to other developments, and could come into play when selling your home. Learn more about Oakland’s policies on swimming pool abandonment or call today to speak with a specialist.
Landscaping After Pool Removal
Once your old swimming pool is finally gone you’ll have to find a landscaper, right?
Our team also offers full landscape design services. Over the years, our team has replaced swimming pools with:
- Putting greens & Bocce Ball courts
- Outdoor kitchens & grilling stations
- Dog runs
- Lawns & gardens
- Patios & decks
- And more
While you’re welcome to hire another landscaper in Oakland, we think you’ll find that our bundled pricing for pool removal and landscaping makes us a great choice.
To learn more about which landscaping options are viable for your yard, or to see examples of our landscaping work, just contact us today.
Our Service Area
Bay Area Pool Demolition is proud to service the entire Bay Area, including:
- Mountain View
- Union City
- Los Gatos
- Castro Valley
- Palo Alto
- Redwood City
- Los Altos
- San Leandro
- San Mateo
- Santa Clara
- San Jose
- Pleasant Hill
- San Ramon
- Walnut Creek
- San Carlos
- And more